Projected Growth Across Transit Methods and Intermodal Opportunities
Intermodal is the fastest growing form of transportation today, and for good reason. Intermodal transportation is reliable, cost-effective, and has become one of the safest ways to transport containers and valuable cargo. According to Statista, intermodal transportation has no plans on slowing down. Four key freight transit methods are projected to grow through 2020:
How Shippers Are Using Intermodal Container Tracking
With these growth projections comes new opportunities for shippers. Intermodal transportation is more cost-effective than traditional methods of shipping cargo, and also provides companies with faster and more reliable service. However, with new opportunities also come new challenges. As profitable and efficient as intermodal has become, it’s also more difficult to track and manage containers through the entire transportation process. This has led to tracking efficiencies and state-of-the-art technology like SkyBitz for intermodal container tracking.
Today, shippers and all parties involved in the transportation process can use real-time shipping container tracking for:
- Continuous in-transit visibility of all containers and cargo as they are transported from one location to the next.
- Improved management over cargo, which increases customer trust by demonstrating continuous control of shipments.
- Reduced equipment and maintenance costs, as well as reduced cargo damage and loss because of remote monitoring and control.
- Enhanced security protection and improved recovery of stolen cargo.
The Latest Tracking Solution for Intermodal Containers
SkyBitz recently launched the Falcon GXT5002C, a new intermodal solution, that features:
- Solar Power
- Built-in Cargo Sensor
- Service life of 10-15 years
- Quick installation—less than 15 minutes!
- No need to unload the container before installation
- Designed to fit between the corrugations on an intermodal container
Interested in using the GXT5002C on your containers?
Request a Demo